Last Updated: October 19, 2022
Although we are not a business entity covered by the Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), we ensure all our processes meet HIPAA standards.
What information do we collect from users who register on and use our Service ?
We collect information from and about users of our Service (i) directly from you when you provide it to us and (ii) automatically when you use the Service
Information You Provide to Us
When you register on the Website, Widget or download, register with or use the Apps, we may ask you to provide information: (i) that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, device, or household, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”) or (ii) that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as medical concerns, health conditions or other information that you provide to us while using our Website, Widget or our Apps (i.e., information provided during a chat with a “health expert”).
This information includes:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Service, including information provided at the time of registration and while subscribing to our Service, posting material, and requesting additional services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with the Service .
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website, Widget or the Apps and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website, Widget or the Apps.
- your search queries on the Website, Widget or in the Apps.
Automatic Information Collection
When you access and use the Service, we , may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Service , we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Service , including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Service.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website, Widget and the Apps also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. The Apps collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not download the Apps, delete them from your device, or do not permit them to collect the noted information. You may also access settings within the Apps to stop sharing certain information with us. In addition, you may opt out at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org though we are not able to change settings within your personal devices. Please note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled. You have choices about the information we collect. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide information that is necessary, you may not be able to use some of our services.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. Also, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer or Firefox) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn off or disable cookies, some features of our Apps will be disabled. It will affect you by making your site experience less efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Apps and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection & Advertising
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party Websites, Widgets, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking). When you use the Service or its respective content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include: (i) advertisers, ad networks and ad servers; (ii) analytics companies; (iii) your mobile device manufacturer; and (iv) your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website, Widget or the Apps. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. You may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here.
Some of the third parties that assist us include:
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We have implemented the following:
● Remarketing with Google AdSense
● Google Display Network Impression Reporting
● Demographics and Interests Reporting
● DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics) and third-party cookies (such as DoubleClick) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website and Widget.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on. Please see here to exercise your opt out rights.
How do we use your information?
We may use the personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, when you register, make a purchase, participate in a health expert chat, sign up for our newsletters, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website, use the Widget, or use other Website features in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Apps and their content, and any other information, products or services that you request from us
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our Website, emails, and Widgets in order to better serve you
- To improve the quality of the health information you receive through chats with health experts and agents
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Website feature
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To improve our service offerings through trainings and education for our health experts
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you when updates to the Website and/or Apps are available and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through them
The usage information that we collect helps us to improve our Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you use the Service
Health expert chat
We may use technology to monitor how you interact with our Service, particularly through our health expert chat. This may include without limitation which links you click on, information that you type into our online forms, and about your device or browser. Further, we utilize session replay spyware to monitor and record mouse clicks and movements, keystrokes, and pages and content viewed by you. Please discontinue use of the Service if you do not consent to our collection of such information.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates
- To Customers and their Agents from the website or app that you engaged with our widget on or were linked to our website from.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Videwell’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Videwell about our App users is among the assets transferred
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Videwell, our Customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unless required by law, we do not share any of your personal health information unless previously authorized by you (such as sharing the information with your doctor’s office with your approval).
We shall not disclose any personal information to any third party for marketing purposes without prior notice.
How long do we store your personal information?
We store your personal information for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the information was collected. Additionally, we store your personal information for as long as is required to resolve disputes or as long as required by applicable law.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our Website and Widget handle “do not track” signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed at persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use the Service. If we learn that personal information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service , you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We take commercially reasonable measures to ensure that any personal information is stored securely and separate from the non-personal information such that no direct connections can be made between an individual’s identity and any associated de-identified non-personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide. Furthermore, we are not responsible for other breaches to your personal information outside our control, such as resulting from loss, theft or unauthorized use of your mobile device. By using the Service or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service. We may post a notice on the Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Service Visitors from outside the United States
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
101 Middlesex Tpke, Ste 6 PMB 369
Burlington, MA 01803-4914